The Finance Committee oversees and periodically reviews financial
matters for AGI and makes recommendations to the Executive Committee
especially in setting long-range financial goals.
- To help ensure that AGI operates in the black by providing
responsible long-range financial planning and by providing advice
on immediate problems when necessary.
- To provide consultation to the Executive Director and Executive
Committee, expecially the Treasurer, not operational management,
but as an independent advisory body.
- Provide assurance and confidence to AGI's Member Societies
through an independent annual audit.
- To review and comment to the Executive Committee through the
Treasurer on the succeeding year's projected budget.
- Review investment policy on an annual basis and recommend
investment vehicles for any excess funds.
- Review investment performance.
- Annual review of investment managers and recommendations
of change when appropriate.
AGI FINANCE COMMITTEE
Mr. Michael D. Lawless, Chair (2015)
Draper Aden Associates
Ms. Dorian E. Kuper (2017)
Dr. L. Harvey Thorleifson (2017)
Minnesota Geological Survey
University of Minnesota
2642 University Avenue West
St. Paul, MN 55114-1057
(612) 627-4780 x224 FAX: (612) 627-4778
AGI STAFF CONTACT
Mr. Walter R. Sisson, Staff Contact
American Geosciences Institute
4220 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22302-1502
(703) 379-2480 x209 FAX: (703) 379-7563
Back to top