The Finance Committee oversees and periodically reviews financial
matters for AGI and makes recommendations to the Executive Committee
especially in setting long-range financial goals.
- To help ensure that AGI operates in the black by providing
responsible long-range financial planning and by providing advice
on immediate problems when necessary.
- To provide consultation to the Executive Director and Executive
Committee, expecially the Treasurer, not operational management,
but as an independent advisory body.
- Provide assurance and confidence to AGI's Member Societies
through an independent annual audit.
- To review and comment to the Executive Committee through the
Treasurer on the succeeding year's projected budget.
- Review investment policy on an annual basis and recommend
investment vehicles for any excess funds.
- Review investment performance.
- Annual review of investment managers and recommendations
of change when appropriate.
AGI FINANCE COMMITTEE
Dr. James M. Robertson, Chair (2013)
Wisconsin Geological Survey
3817 Mineral Point Road
Madison, WI 53705-5100
(608) 262-1705 FAX: (608) 262-8086
Mr. Frank W. Harrison Jr. (2014)
Optimistic Oil Company
P.O. Box 51943
Lafayette, LA 70505-1943
(337) 232-4031 FAX: (337) 235-5333
Mr. G. Warfield Hobbs IV (2013)
Mr. Donald A. O'Nesky (2013)
4260 Corso Venetia Boulevard
Venice, FL 34293-7054
(941) 497-6454 FAX: (941) 497-7114
Mr. L. Stanley Pittman (2014)
7351 Briarnoll Drive
Dallas, TX 75252-6333
AGI STAFF CONTACT
Ms. Diane Fabian
American Geosciences Institute
4220 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22302
(703) 379-2480 x209 FAX: (703) 379-7563
Back to top