Leading the Workshop
- Be at the workshop site well in advance. Allow at least two hours for set-up, moving tables and chairs (if you are having participants work in small groups) and testing AV. If possible, make sure that there are some refreshments on hand.
- Have nametags and folders available for participants as they come in. Greet all participants as they arrive.
- When you start the workshop, introduce yourself and thank participants for coming. Go over the goals and outcomes for the workshop briefly.
- Allow time for participants to introduce themselves and say where they are from. If you have a small group, it helps to ask participants to state what they hope to get out of the workshop.
- Acknowledge differences in background as a strength of the group and encourage participants to help each other.