Chapter 4: Environmental Change
After completing this chapter you will understand:
- How environmental change can be in a steady state, can be shifting back and forth (oscillating), or evolving.
- How rates of environmental change vary, from those happening in seconds to those taking many millions of years to complete.
- How the scale of environmental change varies, from local changes in a pond or valley, to those that change the entire world.
- How environmental change in one Earth system can affect other Earth systems often distant in both space and time.
- How science and environmental monitoring help to understand environmental change.
- How environmental change can have both positive and negative impacts and be challenging to understand.
Use the navigation on the left to explore this unit's chapter and investigations.