Chapter 10: Volcanoes
After completing this chapter you will understand:
- What volcanoes are and their role in the geosphere.
- The two main types of volcanoes and why they erupt differently.
- The ways volcanoes have an impact on the hydrosphere, atmosphere, and biosphere – especially people.
- How people study volcanoes, evaluate their potential impacts, and predict future eruptions.
- What people do to live more safely with volcanoes.
Use the navigation on the left to explore this unit's chapter and investigations.