Chapter 12: Unstable Land
After completing this chapter, you will understand:
- What unstable land is and where it occurs.
- How driving and resisting forces control unstable land.
- How unstable land is a natural part of Earth system interactions involving the atmosphere, hydrosphere, biosphere, and geosphere.
- How human activities can trigger or speed up unstable land processes.
- How unstable land risks are evaluated and people adjust to unstable land.
- The role of land-use planning and engineering designs in managing unstable land.
Use the navigation on the left to explore this unit's chapter and investigations.