After completing this chapter you will understand:
- How the chemical nature of water makes it Earth's most important compound.
- Why Earth, the water planet, is unique in our Solar System.
- The role of water in the biosphere, geosphere, and atmosphere.
- The nature, distribution, and amounts of Earth's water resources.
- People’s needs and uses of water.
- People’s impacts on water quality and availability.
- How water resources can be conserved and protected.
Use the navigation on the left to explore this unit's chapter and investigations.