Chapter 16: Mining
After completing this chapter, you will understand:
- What mineral resources are, how they form, and why they are important.
- How mineral resources are found, mined, and processed for people’s use.
- The environmental impacts of mining, processing, and using mineral resources.
- How the environmental impacts of using mineral resources are lessened or prevented.
- Trends in mineral use and people’s future needs of minerals.
Use the navigation on the left to explore this unit's chapter and investigations.