AGI Government Affairs Advisory Committee
April 30, 2009
American Geological Institute
4220 King St, Alexandria VA
- Introductions (9:00 to 9:15)
- Overview of use of the geoscience transition document with the new Administration and new Congress (9:15 to 9:30)
- Overview of geoscience-related priorities in the new Administration and Congress (9:30 to 9:45)
- What are some of the critical needs of member societies from new federal leadership? (9:45 to 11:00)
- What are some of the priorities of your society now since the new Administration and new Congress have formulated “plans”?
- Are these priorities unique or is your society working with others?
- Are there any priorities that member societies could collaborate on?
- How can GAP help?
- Rapid review of Monthly Review – everyone gets 2 minutes to address the following questions (11:00 to 11:30)
- Do you read the monthly review?
- What do you think about the length?
- What do you think about the breadth? Diversity of topics?
- Top three things you like about the review
- Top three thing you would change about the review
- How else can GAP inform the geoscience community?
- Wrap-up and other business (11:30 to 12:00)
Please send any comments or requests for information to AGI Government Affairs Program.
Posted October 8, 2009