American Geosciences Institute
Directions to AGI
The American Geosciences Institute headquarters is located in the King Street West association complex, situated about two blocks west of the intersection of Interstate 395 and King Street (Route 7). The street name changes from King Street to Leesburg Pike a few blocks further west along Route 7 at the boundary of Alexandria and Falls Church.
AGI is approximately four miles southwest of Washington National Airport and 25 miles southeast of Dulles International Airport. The Pentagon Metro station is approximately a 5 to 10 minute cab ride from AGI.
Directions from National Airport and downtown Washington follow along with a list of hotels near AGI can be found below.
1. Take the George Washington Memorial Parkway toward Washington.
2. Take Interstate 395 south to the King Street West exit.
3. At the first traffic light (XSport Fitness), turn left onto Park Center Drive.
4. Go one block and turn left at stop sign onto Ford Drive.
5. Go one short block to the cul-de-sac and turn left into the first driveway. Park in any space marked 4220 AGI. The AGI headquarters is the three-story building with an arch out front at the center of the complex.
1. Take the George Washington Memorial Parkway south toward Alexandria.
2. Turn right on Glebe Road, Route 120.
3. Follow signs to Interstate 395 south.
4. Follow steps 3-5 from Route A.
From Downtown Washington DC
Cross the Potomac River on the 14th Street Bridge. Take I-395 south and follow steps 2-5 from Route A above.
You can obtain more detailed driving directions from http://www.mapquest.com.
4800 Leesburg Pike (Route 7)
(703) 671-4800; (800) 426-7866
Hilton Alexandria Mark Center
I-395 and Seminary Road West
(703) 845-1010; (800) 774-1500
Ramada Inn, Alexandria
I-395 and Seminary Road East
(703) 751-4510; (800) 2RAMADA
Posted: April 16, 1999; Revised July 13, 2011
|Information Services |||Geoscience Education |||Public Policy |||Environmental|
|Publications |||Workforce |||AGI Events|