Second International Conference on Accelerated Carbonation for Environmental and Materials Engineering
The aim of the conference is to provide a forum for discussion of the latest advances in the field of theoretical and applied research on accelerated carbonation of various types of natural materials and industrial residues. Assessing the conditions and limits for applicability of the accelerated carbonation process as a CO2 capture and storage technique at demonstration and full scale will be one major focuses of the conference. The effects of accelerated carbonation on the engineering and environmental properties of such materials and the possibility of upgrading the quality of biogas will also be specific matters of concern.
Conference Topics will include:
- Principles of accelerated carbonation
- Kinetics of accelerated carbonation
- CO2 storage by mineral carbonation
- CO2 capture by carbonation of raw materials
- Accelerated carbonation of alkaline wastes
- Accelerated carbonation of lime, cement and concrete
- Accelerated carbonation of soils and sediments
- Pilot- and full-scale applications for CO2 capture and storage by accelerated carbonation
Authors are encouraged to present their work for oral or poster presentation by January 31st 2008. Abstracts must be sent to the conference secretariat in Word format by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) and prepared according to the abstract model provided in the conference website.
Abstracts will be evaluated and selected by the Scientific Committee. The acceptance and destination of papers will be notified to the leading authors by March 30th 2008.
For more specific and updated information on the conference please visit the webpage http://w3.uniroma1.it/ACEME
Tags: Call for submissions