You can now watch the Careers for Geoscientists Video for free
via the web. The video is approximately 42 minutes in length, and is being provided
as a streaming video option (Real or Windows Media). To view, please choose
below the media player type you wish to use.
The Careers for Geoscientists video introduces the
breadth of scope of the geosciences, including atmosphere,
oceans, and the solid-Earth. Through interviews with individual
practicing geoscientists discussing current projects, the
nature of a career working in the geosciences is revealed.
A discussion of the opportunities and adventures of travel,
working outdoors, and using state-of-the-art technology is
presented through this rare glimpse into the work-a-day world
Geoscientists interviewed include:
- William Boicourt, Physical Oceanography, Center
for Environmental Sciences
- Studying currents in the Chesapeake Bay to determine
how fish populations grow
- Dan Denson, Exploration Petroleum Geologist, Texaco
- Exploring for Oil in the Deep Waters off of Nigeria
- Christopher Henry, Research Geologist, Nevada
Bureau of Mines and Geology
- Developing Detailed Geologic Maps in Support of
the economic and public safety needs of the State of Nevada
- Kyle House, Geomorphologist, Desert Research Institute
- Determining the ancient flood history of rivers
in the Western US (even by using Beer Cans!)
- Elizabeth Jones, Exploration Geologist, Kennecott
- Exploring for Economic Gold Deposits
- Bruce Molnia, Research Geologist, US Geological
- Examining Global Change issues on the Bering Glacier,
- Jennifer Reber, Geochemist, Amoco Exploration
- Studying the Source Rocks of Petroleum, and Managing
the Technology Issues of a Major Oil Company
- Christopher Strong, Meteorologist, National Weather
- Collecting Data and Developing and Issuing Weather
- John Van Wagoner, Stratigrapher, Exxon Production
- Understanding Earth History Issues related to the
development of petroleum exploration
- Debra Williams, Environmental Geologist, City
of Austin, Texas
- Protecting the water quality of the City of Austin
- Carole Wright, Geophysicist, Landmark
- Developing Advanced Technology Solutions for Petroleum
List Price: $14.95*
AGI Member Society Member Price: $11.95*
*Prices do not include shipping and handling.
Buy Now On-Line!
PAL Version available upon request.
To Order By Phone:
Contact AGI Publications Center
(703) 379-2480 x101
Visa, Mastercard, and Checks welcome.
Career Cornerstone Series Boxed Set
Don't Forget to Check out the Sloan Career Cornerstone Series Boxed
Set of 9 different videos of science and engineering disciplines.
To learn more, click here!